Monday, September 20, 2010

MONDAY MUSINGS

What is it with running shoes?  A couple of weeks ago I bought a new pair of shoes.  I ran around the store and they felt great!  I thought:  Finally, a pair of shoes that feel good on my wide, big feet I(9.5 , D width, with bunions and all that). They not only felt good, they looked good!!I even have a couple of tops that coordinated with them, which for me is unusual.

Ok, I took them home, and then proceeded to do a real run on the trails.  OUCH  OUCH!  Blisters on the sides of my feet and the sides of my big toe. Damn.  Well, maybe they are a little stiff from being new.  A few more runs and they'll be good.  So, went out again for a run, even shorter than the last.  I taped up all the blisters/hotspots from the last time.  Guess what--MORE blisters!  These were on the ends of my toes!!!!
And I did check to be sure there was more than enough room at the end before buying them. 

I should try one more time, but I don't have enough athletic tape or any other kind of tape.  So what's a runner to do?  Maybe I'll do a little 'surgery' on them.  Heh Heh.

                                                                      ~~~~

Another of my  musings today:  I did the Cruise for the Critters 5k over the weekend.  This is a great race, and the money goes to help the Gateway Animal Clinic, a clinic that does some  awesome things.  I was on a good pace for a really good run when--WHAM--right in the middle there is this mountain!  So, my 8:30 mile becomes more like a 12:30  :<   I did get back on track, but my time was not at all what I was looking for.  Anyway,  why do they call the area we ran in the Flats?  They are anything but! 

                                                                        ~~~~~

I had a piping lesson today.  One of my adventures is going to be an individual competition sometime next spring/summer.  I have never done this before and thought it would be a good challenge.  Anyway, the lesson went well and the instructor and I were talking about various things that go on in bands. 

He and I really wonder why people can't get along.  I mean, you are in a musical group to play music to the best of your ability and you are with people who have the same intent or interest.  Yet some people must think that this is some kind of power play.  You should be able to put your personal issues aside for a couple of hours, I would think.


Well, enough of my musings for one night.   I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with those shoes.  Maybe it's time for a donation to a worthy cause.

Nitey-nite

No comments:

Post a Comment